Guest Post by Derek Flodmand
The big difference between cancers that grow and cancers that don’t is the foods we eat to charge up our immune system and prevent them from growing in the first place. Eating healthy is not important just to look good on the beach or look good naked (which is definitely a plus). It is also important to give our body certain vitamins and minerals to fight off many diseases and disorders. Here are a list of 6 foods to give your body exactly what it wants to prevent abnormal cell growth such as cancer, as well as prevent many other diseases and disorders.
- Tumeric – Containing one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world, Curcumin, supplementing with Tumeric daily can help prevent metastasis (spreading of cancer throughout the body), inflammation, relieve arthritis, and control diabetes.
- Spirulina/Chlorella – Blue-green algae superfoods rich in phytonutrients, including amino acids, potassium, magnesium, B-complex vitamins and more. They assist the blood in moving oxygen, which is beneficial because cancer cannot grow in fully oxygenated cells. They also help to boost the immune system, heal wounds, increase energy, balance blood sugar, support healthy hormonal function, detox heavy metals, and promote cardiovascular health. You can get your daily serving of these superfoods by adding a SuperGreen Supplement to your supplement stack.
- Green Tea – Loaded with antioxidants, which have powerful effects on the body. Contains catechins, which help prevent inflammation throughout the body. Many other benefits of green tea include anti-aging effects, boost metabolic rate, increase in lipolysis (the breakdown of fat), cardiovascular and bone health, and reduce weight. If you want to feel young and healthy on the inside, while looking young and healthy on the outside, then start adding a cup of green tea into your daily routine.
- Cruciferous Vegetables – These include broccoli, kale, arugula, cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, and collard greens. These vegetables have biological compounds, which prevent DNA damage, inactivate carcinogens (cancer causing agents), promote carcinogen cell death and prevent tumor formation. When they say eat your greens, they aren’t kidding! Eat up!
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes include carotenoids and lycopene, which help prevent inflammation throughout the body and therefore decrease cancer growth. Other benefits include heart health, digestion, hypertension, and much more.
- Garlic – Contains dallyl disulfide. Do you know what that is? No? Well, all you need to know is that it prevents cell growth (cancer) and eliminates free radical production, which also causes cancer and other diseases. Garlic also contains Allicin, which is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world. Antioxidants help inhibit oxidation of other cells, which ultimately leads to free radicals and cell damage. If you are looking for a powerful antioxidant to prevent this from happening, Allicin in Garlic and Circumin in Tumeric is what you want! Get on it!